CONTEST: Win 2 Himalayan Treks in India with GIO!Wednesday, October 14, 2015
(Contest closed, thanks for the great response!UPDATE: Results announced! Congrats to the winners and thank you all for your participation.
In my seven years of outdoor adventures, I've derived the most joy, exhilaration and anguish from the mighty Himalayas. From being immensely intimidating to feeling like home now, Himalayas have had a very big part to play in what I've become today and what I've chosen to do for a living. An affair with the mountains cannot be a short one, it is a lifelong commitment. Once you're in, there is no way out. They'll be plenty of heartaches along the way but, obviously, all the trouble would be worth it and so much more. And I am so sorry for pushing you towards this agony! ;)
|I stand in rapture on a stormy evening, in front of beloved Himalayas|
Read: Trekking Along the Ancient Nomadic Trade Route - Spiti to Ladakh across Parang La
About GIO Adventures
GIO Adventures (est. 1999) is an Outdoors Adventure Company with a mission of making Himalayan destinations, not often found on regular maps, accessible to people who love discovering them. True to their mission, they have one of the largest collections I've seen so far, of Himalayan trek departures listed on their site. From something as offbeat as Parang La to something as popular as Hampta Pass, they can take you mostly anywhere in the whole gamut of Indian Himalayas. With their firm belief in keeping groups as small as 12, eco-friendly practices and world-class equipment, I highly recommend GIO Adventures for your next Himalayan adventure!
What do you win?
Hampta Pass trek is a popular trek that takes you from the lush green valleys of Kullu & Manali to the other is the semi-arid region of the Lahaul valley
Kuari Pass & Pangarchula Peak is one of finest treks in the Indian Himalayas that takes you to a gorgeous region of Uttarakhand.
Chopta, Deoriatal, and Chandrashila Peak is one of the most enchanting short treks(5 days) and is in the Garhwal region of Himalayas.
Kedar Kantha Summit Trek through snow-ridden dense forests and vast meadows makes for a perfect winter outdoor escape in the Himalayas.
Nagtibba Trek is a splendid weekend trek near Dehradun with stunning views of Himalayas and plenty of lovely campsites amidst meadows.
Triund Trek near Dharamshala is an easy trek in the lower Dhauladhars where you'll climb a hill top just in front of the mighty ranges.
- There'll be two winners - first and second. And each winner can avail only one trek selected from the provided options as a prize.
- All treks will be subject to availability, so the winners will have to give at least 3 options for dates to avail the trek prize. The departure dates can be found on the website.
- The winners can avail the trek within 12 months of the announcement of results on the blog.
- Travel arrangements to and from the trek start and end point are not included in the prize and should be taken care of by the winners.
- By entering the contest, you agree to the Terms and Conditions and the things listed above.
Results to be announced on:
(Contest closed, thanks for the great response! Results announced)
1st place: Sanghita Nandi who wrote a beautiful poem that perfectly described how the Himalayas slowly make us fall head over heels in love with it.
2nd place: Arun Katiyar who shared a small but apt anecdote that brilliantly captured both the magnificence and the brutal reality of a Himalayan adventure.
Congrats to the winners and thank you all for your participation.
P.S - It broke my heart to pick only two out of so many lovely and heartfelt entries. So, the next time, whenever that is, I will leave it to luck to pick a winner!
Terms and Conditions:
- The winners must be at least 18 years old.
- Only one entry per person is allowed. Participants with multiple entries will be disqualified.
- The two most creative entries, as judged by Neelima Vallangi, will win one Himalayan trek(listed above) each with GIO Adventures. No disputes will be entertained and the decision will be final.
- All prizes are nontransferable, and there are no cash alternatives.