Going Offbeat in Meghalaya & Learning Interesting ThingsTuesday, September 10, 2013
|The famous Nohkalikai Falls at sunset|
1.Have you met “Be Careful”?
2. Cherrapunji is like living in the grasslands of Western Ghats, forever!
|Grasslands surrounding the town of Sohra, known as Cherrapunji to the outside world.|
3. Bangladesh is just a stone throw away
|Flood plains of Bangladesh as seen from Meghalaya|
4. The man moves to the woman’s house after marriage
|A Khasi woman in her traditional attire|
5. Meghalaya has a million different kinds of butterflies
|Walking amidst fluttering butterflies in the forest|
6. The first view of a living root bridge will make your heart skip a beat
|Living Root Bridges of Meghalaya, in the valleys several of these bridges are still in use|
7. There are about 1800+ elephants in Meghalaya
|Elephants in Garo Hills, Siju Rewak Corridor, Meghalaya|
8. Fishing is big here
|Monsoon time is fishing time!|
9. So are the caves!
|That's me exploring Siju Cave in Garo Hills, Meghalaya|
10. The wild beauty of Garo Hills
|Wild Garo Hills, Meghalaya|